Laboratory chemical transformation of antibiotics
The department was established in 1987 by Professor Maria N. Preobrazhenskaya, who directs the Laboratory from 1987 to 2015. The department is a successor of the Group of Semisynthetic Antibiotic Derivatives organized in 1975 by D.Sc. L.S. Povarov and directed by him until 1987. Currently, the lab is headed Dr. Sci, Professor Andrey E. Shekotihin
Staff: Evgenia N. Olsufjeva, Dr. Sci, Professor; Alexander M. Korolev, Dr. Sci; Andrey E. Shekotihin, Dr. Sci, Professor; Svetlana S. Prinzevskaya, Ph.D.; Victor B. Zbarskij, Ph.D.; Marina I. Reznikova, Ph.D.; Sergey A. Lakatosh Ph.D.; Sergey N. Lavrenov, Ph.D.; Yuryi N. Luzikov, Ph.D.; Lubov G. Dezhenkova, Ph.D.; Evgeniy Bykov, Ph.D.; Anna N. Tevyashova, Ph.D.; Svetlana E. Solovyeva,, Ph.D.; Mrs. Elena N. Bychkova; Mrs. Natalia M. Maliutina; Alexander J. Simonov, , Ph.D.; Mr. Alexander S. Tikhomirov
Main Research Areas:
- Studies on semisynthetic derivatives of antibacterial and antiviral glycopeptide antibiotics.
- Studies of semisynthetic derivatives of cytotoxic antibiotics (anthracyclines, streptonigrine, olivomycin, oligomycin and some others). Studies of semisynthetic derivatives of antifungal polyene antibiotics.
- Synthesis and study of structure-activity relationships in heteroareneanthraquinones.
- Chemical modification and structure-activity relationships of antibiotic derivatives and other natural compounds active against tumor or bacterial cells with different types of drug resistance.
- Studies on ascorbigen and the products of its biotransformations.
- Studies on bis-indolylmaleimides - new analogs of natural bis-indolylmaleimideantibiotics and indolocarbazoles. Studies of compounds containing tris(indol-3-yl)methyl moiety
- Quantum chemical investigations of the structure and reactivity of the biologically active compounds.
Since 2000, 85 papers in International and Russian journals have been published, including two monographs and 6 reviews. Fourteen patents for inventions have been filed for and received. For detailed information, please see the list of publications
- Blokhin Cancer Center, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences (Moscow).
- Vavilov Institute of General Genetics, Russian Academy of Sciences (Moscow).
- Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences (Moscow).
- Mendeleyev University of Chemical Technology (Moscow).
- Moscow Lomonosov Academy of Fine Chemical Technology (Moscow).
- Lomonosov Moscow State University, Department of Chemistry.
- Research Centre for Biotechnology of Antibiotics BIOAN, Moscow.
- Division of Medical Biochemistry. Innsbruck Medical University, Austria.
- Rega Instituut, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium.
- Department of Biotechnology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
- Dipartimento di Chimica Biologica. University of Padova, Italy.
- Department of Molecular and Cell Biology. University of California at Berkeley. Berkeley, CA. USA.
- Institute of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan, Republic of China.
- School of Pharmacy, National Defense Medical Center, Taiwan, Republic of China.
- ProQinase GmbH. Freiburg. Germany.
- Department of Biochemistry, University of Debrecen, Debrecen, Hungary.
- Microbiology and Tumor biology Center. Karolinska Institutet Stockholm, Sweden.
- Lab. chimie Organique II-Glycochimie Université Claude Bernard - Lyon 1 FRANCE.
Gause Institute of New Antibiotics, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, 11 Bolshaya Pirogovskaya Street, Moscow 119021, Russia Phone (7499) 245 3753, (7499) 246 0228; e-mail: email@example.com